Author: William Hooi
The first HacKIDemia Singapore workshop will be held at the HUB Singapore on 29 June 2013, 9.30am-12.30pm. About 40 kids & parents are expected to turn up for a morning of maker activities. All kids from 5-15 years old are welcome to participate together with their parents.
The programme will adopt the 'unconference'/BarCamp approach where kids are allowed to move around and participate in any activity that they like. They can join in any of the following workshops:
- Constructing game controller/ interfaces using MaKey MaKey and Scratch program.
- Squishy circuits: playing with conductive dough (for young kids 5-7yrs)
- Make your own bristlebot using an old toothbrush, pager motor and coin battery
- Arduino for kids (brought to you by Tinkertanker)
- Booting up your own RaspberryPi
- Learn to open and use the XO (One Laptop Per Child project)
Each workshop is facilitated by a mentor to 5 kids is about 45mins long. Schedule of the workshops will be posted at the door as well. Parents can join in to assist their kids.